Whether you’re looking to finally start your next big career venture, or you simply want to convince someone in your life of something, persuasion can be an extremely useful tool. We’ve found 20 of the best persuasion-related quotes out there to inspire you as you go on your journey of persuasion.
If you want to learn more about what persuasion is and how to use it, you can also check out BetterHelp today.
20 Persuasion Quotes
Here are the top 20 persuasion quotes for inspiration.
- “I don’t know the rules of grammar. If you’re trying to persuade people to do something, or buy something, it seems to me you should use their language.” –David Ogilvy
- “Ninety percent of selling is conviction, and 10 percent is persuasion.” -Shiv Khera
- “I think the power of persuasion would be the greatest superpower of all time.” -Jenny Mollen
- “The only form of ethical persuasion that exists is when the goal of the persuader aligns with the goals of the persuadee.” -Tristan Harris
- “Stories are one of the most powerful forces of persuasion available to us, especially stories that fit in with our view of what the world should be like. Facts can be contested. Stories are far trickier. I can dismiss someone’s logic but dismissing how I feel is harder.” -Maria Konnikova
- “Thaw with her gentle persuasion is more powerful than Thor with his hammer. The one melts; the other breaks into pieces.” -Henry David Thoreau
- “You don’t need a title. You don’t need a degree in [a] business organization or [to] be trained in the finer arts of persuasion. You just need to believe you can lead. So start there. Start believing.” -Julie Foudy
- “The most influential people strive for genuine buy-in and commitment. They don’t rely on compliance techniques that only secure short-term persuasion.” -Mark Goulston
- “Children should be led into the right paths, not by severity, but by persuasion.” -Terence
- “Selling is a natural skill. It’s developed as a child. You may know it as persuasion.” -Jeffrey Gitomer
- “Where visionaries can be good at persuasion, CEOs are good at wielding authority. Visionaries transcend organizations, resources, and current realities, while CEOs master them.” -Robert Metcalfe
- “The triumph of persuasion over force is the sign of a civilized society.” -Mark Skousen
- “Persuasion is often more effectual than force.” -Aesop
- “Character may almost be called the most effective means of persuasion.” -Aristotle
- “The most important persuasion tool you have in your arsenal is integrity.” -Zig Ziglar
- “I would rather try to persuade a man to go along because once I have persuaded him, he will stick. If I scare him, he will stay just as long as he is scared, and then he is gone.” -Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “One of the best ways to persuade others is with your ears. By listening to them.” -Dean Rusk
- “When it comes to persuasion, emotions usually trump intellect.” -Will Peters
- “To convert somebody, go and take them by the hand and guide them.” -Thomas Aquinas
- “Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another.” -Napoleon Hill
We hope these 20 persuasion quotes help you with the courage you need to persuade someone in your life. Remember, persuasion works best when respect, open-mindedness, and empathy are considered.