Dwight Howard used a superman cape to win the 2008 NBA Slam Dunk Contest. Apparently, that’s not the only thing he used the cape for.
Dwight Howard is, as of this writing, still unsigned for the 2022-23 NBA season, looking for a new home after bouncing around the past few seasons as a role-playing, second-unit big. But even if his on-court exploits have caused him to fade from the basketball limelight, he keeps finding ways to keep himself in the news.
One of the most iconic moments of Howard’s career was the 2008 Slam Dunk Contest, where he donned a superman cape and dunked from the free-throw line. On a recent episode of BS with Jake Paul, Howard was asked directly if he’d ever had sex with the cape on. He simply repeated the question while laughing and nodding, then growled at the camera and flexed his biceps while the hosts cracked up. You can see the full video here.
Add sex in a cape to a list of Dwight Howard’s weird achievements
Honestly, this might not even make the top five for cringey or weird Dwight Howard stories.
- Stan Van Gundy once had to make a team rule against on-court farting because of Howard.
- His farting ability came up again at media day in 2012 when his former teammates were asked what they’d miss most about him after he was traded to the Lakers.
- For more than a decade he used to eat roughly 24 candy bars a day, a sugar intake so enormous it may have caused nerve pain.
- At one point, he owned over 50 snakes.
- He’s not too mature to moon camera operators in the locker room
- He claimed to have used Gangnam Style in the offseason to strengthen his core and lower back
No kink-shaming here but he probably could have kept this one to himself. But I guess sharing all of himself with the world is what makes him Dwight Howard.