There were three more matches added to the WrestleMania 38 card following the March 28 episode of Monday Night Raw.
It is officially WrestleMania week, and the big two-night event is just days away. March 28 was not a regular episode of Monday Night Raw, it was dubbed “WrestleMania Raw.” But on the show, three more matches were added to the “most stupendous two-night WrestleMania in history.”
Let’s start with the one match that was added during Raw. Omos defeated the Viking Raiders by count-out in a two-on-one handicap match. Following a post-match interview by Omos, former WWE champion Bobby Lashley made his return for the first time since the Elimination Chamber event in February.
After attempting to take down Omos, Lashley was eventually successful after running the ropes and hitting the giant with a shoulder block. Later in the night, Lashley vs. Omos was made official for WrestleMania Sunday.
Prior to the show, WWE posted Seth Rollins meeting with Mr. McMahon after threatening to shut down Raw if he were not added to WrestleMania after losing a variety of matches to get on the card. McMahon revealed that he did not have to go through all of that, all he had to do was ask him to get on the show. Rollins was then told that he will receive a match at WrestleMania, and that it will be against an opponent picked by McMahon.
Rollins match against a “mystery opponent” was announced for the Saturday show.
Another match announced prior to Raw is a tag team match between Kofi Kingston and the returning King Woods, where they take on Sheamus and Ridge Holland on Saturday. Woods made his return on the March 25 episode of Friday Night SmackDown, defeating Holland in quick fashion.
It will be interesting to see if more matches are added to “WrestleMania SmackDown” this Friday, but here is how the official card looks following the last episode of Raw before the “Showcase of the Immortals.”
Updated WrestleMania 38 card after March 28 Raw
Night One: Saturday, Apr. 2
- SmackDown Women’s Championship: Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Ronda Rousey
- Raw Women’s Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Bianca Belair
- Drew McIntyre vs. Happy Corbin
- Rey and Dominik Mysterio vs. The Miz and Logan Paul
- SmackDown Tag Team Championships: The Uso’s (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura and Rick Boogs
- Seth Rollins vs. Mystery Opponent
- The New Day (Kofi Kingston and King Woods) vs. Sheamus and Ridge Holland (with Butch)
- “The KO Show” hosted by Kevin Owens with guest “Stone Cold” Steve Austin
Night Two: Sunday, Apr. 3
- Winner Take All, Championship Unification: Universal Champion Roman Reigns vs. WWE Champion Brock Lesnar
- Edge vs. AJ Styles
- RAW Tag Team Championships: RK-Bro (Randy Orton and Riddle) (c) vs. The Street Profits (Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins) vs. Alpha Academy (Chad Gable and Otis)
- Women’s Tag Team Championships: Queen Zelina and Carmella (c) vs. Sasha Banks and Naomi vs. Rhea Ripley and Liv Morgan vs. Natalya and Shayna Baszler
- Anything Goes Match: Sami Zayn vs. Johnny Knoxville
- Pat McAfee vs. Austin Theory
- Bobby Lashley (with MVP) vs. Omos