The Chicago Bears will try to move past a strange couple of days and focus on topping the Detroit Lions on Thursday at Ford Field.
We’ve got updates all day for the Week 12 game.
Week 12 inactives announced
Bears wide receiver Allen Robinson will not play in Thursday’s game against the Lions as he continues his recovery from a hamstring injury.
Robinson was listed as doubtful to play after he didn’t practice all week.
The Bears previously announced quarterback Justin Fields (ribs), running back Damien Williams (calf) and defensive lineman Akiem Hicks (ankle) would not play because of their injuries.
Also inactive for the Bears are cornerback Teez Tabor, tight end Jesper Horsted and defensive lineman Mario Edwards Jr.
Bears safety Eddie Jackson will make his return from a hamstring injury after he missed the last two games.
For the Lions, wide receiver Trinity Benson, quarterback David Blough, outside linebacker Trey Flowers, and offensive linemen Matt Nelson and Halapoulivaati Vaitai are inactive.
At Halas Hall this week …
After the Bears’ fifth straight loss Sunday against the Ravens, their short week to get ready for the Lions was disrupted by a report that the Bears planned to fire coach Matt Nagy after the Thanksgiving game. Bears Chairman George McCaskey told players and coaches that report was not true, according to the Athletic, but it still put a wrinkle in the team’s preparations.
Now the Bears will try to put that distraction out of their minds as they get ready to start quarterback Andy Dalton for the first time since Sept. 19. Dalton will start in place of Justin Fields, who is recovering from a ribs injury he suffered during the game against the Ravens.
Meanwhile, the 0-9-1 Lions will try for their first win of the season behind quarterback Jared Goff, who recovered from an oblique injury and is expected to start, according to NFL Network.
The Bears listed wide receiver Allen Robinson (hamstring) as doubtful, while Fields, defensive lineman Akiem Hicks (ankle) and running back Damien Williams (calf) were ruled out.
Safeties Eddie Jackson (hamstring) and Tashaun Gipson Sr. (chest), defensive end Mario Edwards Jr. (ribs) and receiver Marquise Goodwin (shoulder) were listed as questionable, while wide receiver Darnell Mooney (foot) was limited Wednesday but was not given a designation for the game, meaning he should play.
The Bears also flexed receiver Isaiah Coulter and linebacker Sam Kamara from the practice squad to the active roster for Thursday’s game.
For the Lions, receiver Trinity Benson, outside linebacker Trey Flowers, offensive tackle Matt Nelson, cornerback AJ Parker and guard Halapoulivaati Vaitai are out, and defensive end Michal Brockers and running back Jermar Jefferson are questionable.
Miss anything this week? Catch up before kickoff (11:30 a.m., FOX-32).
- 5 things to watch for in the Thanksgiving game between the Bears and Lions, including the Matt Nagy scrutiny and Andy Dalton’s return — plus our Week 12 predictions
- Bears QB rewind: Justin Fields’ development has been temporarily interrupted. On a short week, it will be Andy Dalton’s show in Detroit.
- 3 things we heard from the Bears, including the reported plan to start Andy Dalton over an injured Justin Fields on Thanksgiving
- Brad Biggs’ 10 thoughts on the Bears’ Week 11 loss: Despite blowing another lead in the final minute, the focus needs to be on the bumbling offense
- Justin Fields’ rookie season: Tracking the progress of the Bears QB in 2021
- The Arlington Heights Bears? Here’s what to know about the possible move from Soldier Field.