USA News

Chimney fire quickly extinguished at Escondido home

A fire that sparked in the chimney of an an Escondido home was quickly extinguished early Saturday morning, fire officials said. .

The fire was reported at a house on Viletta Drive near Vera Lane about 5:40 a.m.

When fire crews arrived, they found residents out front and saw smoke coming from the back corner of the home.

Firefighters traced the smoke to the fireplace and chimney, department officials said. It took about 15 minutes to put out most of the flames.

All residents of the home were able to escape the house before fire crews arrived, and no one was injured, the department said.

Although the cause of Saturday morning’s fire is still under investigation, the department warned that fireplaces and chimneys can cause winter blazes. Officials advised residents to adhere to safety measures — like chimney sweeping and fireplace maintenance — in an effort to prevent fires.

File source

Tags
Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close