USA News

Faulty refrigerator sparks fire in Little Italy restaurant, causes $250K in damage

Firefighters put out a fire at a Little Italy pizzeria early Tuesday that was sparked by a faulty refrigerator, officials said.

The fire was reported just after 3:50 a.m. at Landini’s Pizzeria on India Street near West Fir Street. When San Diego Fire-Rescue firefighters arrived, they saw smoke coming from the business, which was unoccupied at the time, a department spokesperson said.

Crews located the fire and had it under control by 4:15 a.m. No injuries were reported.

San Diego Fire-Rescue Battalion Chief Chris Babbler told OnSceneTV that the fire in the two-story building was started by a worn-out refrigerator and that damage to the eatery was mainly from smoke.

Damage was estimated at $150,000. Damage to the contents of the restaurant was set at $100,000, fire officials said.



File source

Tags
Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close